Rantings On My Day Off.
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight…..
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic,different, un-American."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, and you're the quintessentialAmerican story.
* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're labeled a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 6 different small colleges before graduating, you're wellgrounded.
* If you spend 3 years right after college as a brilliant communityorganizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review,create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters,spend12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a StateSe nator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becomechairmanof the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 yearsinthe United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people whilesponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment andPublic Works and Veterans' Affairs committees, you don't have any realleadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the citycounciland 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 6,000 people, 20monthsas the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you'requalifiedto become the country's second highest ranking executive, andpotentiallyPresident.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising2beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a realChristian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left yourdisfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're aChristian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including theproper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with noother option in sex education in your state's school system while yourunwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in aprestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner-citycommunity, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's valuesdon'trepresent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWIconviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote untilage25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession ofAlaskafrom the U SA, your family is extremely admirable and patriotic.
……….OK, it's all much clearer now.